Yes, I know it’s the most exciting thing you’ve heard in a long time. I mean, where did I go? What did I do? What was I doing for the last eight years? Why should you even care?
I really recommend not caring. At least too much. For crying out loud, there are about 173 million blogs world-wide (according to mediakix.com). So, mine is the 173,000,001th. Not very exciting. Everyone is trying to say their piece and be known in the world. It’s all “Bread and circuses.” Who am I to add yet another voice to the madness that is our lives? No one. And that’s why I’m doing it.
Like everyone else, I want to be known. I want to feel contentment in the idea that my 3 readers may actually understand me, even if they disagree.
I want to talk about the last eight years. I want to talk about my new adventure. I want to talk about what it means to be me, a fifty-five-year-old single woman with bi-polar disorder and a bad childhood. I want to tell my story so that maybe someone will see themselves in it, and know they are not alone.
I want to talk about:
- The need to belong, to be known, to be understood
- The acceptance of mortality
- Why I don’t care what others think
- Why I look upon my own thoughts with suspicion
- Why I’m back in Improv and Acting
- Why I’m writing this blog
- Dealing with my bad childhood
- My anger, my hate, my fears
- How changing apartments is a radical act
- Loyalty to a company vs. responsibility to myself
- Trolls on the internet
- The assholes who steal identifies, and what I’ll do if someone steals mine
- Political canvassers who sneak into secure apartment buildings, and my bat
- Men, woman, and those who ride the line of both
- My Theory of the Human Predator
- Comedy, the highest art form
- Is Cleanliness really next to Godliness/Goddessliness?
- Shame, Blame and Guilt
- Finding the Passion, the Meaning of Life
- Any damn thing I want to talk about
See, this is for me. But you are welcome to come along for the ride.
The Girl is Back in Town!